Wednesday 12 October 2016

What a busy day!!

This is my husband’s favourite quote these days. One of the ‘mashoor’ dialogues of the character Dr. Mashoor Gulati from Kapil Sharma’s comedy show. I am writing this while watching one of those episodesJ
I wanted to pen down this really busy day, actually the past few busy days for memory. We have started renovation of our home, a long pending task. Nothing else has changed. Kids go to school, to their extra-curricular activities and I have a busy schedule at college (I am studying, yes!). We have made plenty of rounds of the tiles market, the granite shops etc. but today we wanted to finalise everything and I had a test at college too. So, in the morning we realised that we need to vacate half the house in a speedy manner. I rushed off to college after that and around afternoon, from there, joined my husband to purchase tiles. During all this while we had to go from shop to shop, take quotations, and refuel the scooter. On the way we saw the ‘Tajiya’ procession for Moharram. We returned by 6:00 in the evening and there were more inspections and discussions to be done and we had not yet had our lunch. In the 10 minute window we ate quickly, after which I went to drop my daughter to her badminton class. There too the traffic was crazy, because a football match was being played at the stadium where my daughter trains. After coming home, the tempo of deliverables arrived and the unloading went off till late into the night. At night after having dinner now we are just relaxing before going to bed.


I wish to do some blogs on the challenges faced while renovating and the approaches we used and the lessons we learnt. Maybe some day!

No comments: